Sunday, March 29, 2015

Home, at last!

This is my first Sunday home since my ordeal with my heart. On March 25, Brooks Schramm picked me up from the ManorCare rehab and brought me home. I was never so happy to be in my home again. Although I didn't want to go to do the rehab, I can say that it was helpful in returning home. While I am walking slowly, I can get around the house and go up and down the stairs. Psychologically, I feel a lot better. The most difficult part of my return is to know that I am dependent on family and friends to get things done. That is different for me. On Friday, Pat Pasqual came up from Alexandria and brought several items that she had cooked. On Saturday, my sister and Robert arrived from New York. The Payne-Pasqual team got to work on the kitchen. Hilda was supposed to come and clean on Friday morning, however, I didn't hear the bell when she arrived at the house at 9 AM. She will come on Tuesday.

Today is Palm Sunday. Pat left at about 8:30 AM. Jeanie, Robert and I went to Christ Chapel, Gettysburg College. It was good to be with the young people. This Holy Week is particularly special for me. I began the heart issue at the beginning of Lent and now I return home a few days before Passion Sunday.  Resurrection gives humankind hope; it will be paramount in my reflections and reading this week.

Tomorrow, I will begin dialysis at the Littlestown facility. Dr. G transferred me to Dr. Ayola. That will save a lot of time and gas. Going to York Hospital is 32 miles from Gettysburg....Littlestown is only 7 miles away...a big difference. My time will change, too. rather than the first thing in the morning (6:30 AM), I will be in Littlestown in the early evening (5:30 PM). Crump and Schramm have scheduled themselves to taking me to and from Littlestown.

No comments:

Post a Comment